- Probe exposes flaws behind Healthcare.gov rollout
- Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
Maria Sachs outraises Ellyn Bogdanoff during latest fundraising period in SD 34
In the fundraising quarter ending August 9, Senator Maria Sachs outraised her opponent, Senator Ellyn Bogdanoff by 30 percent. Sachs raised nearly $31,000 to Bogdanoff’s $24,000. The vast majority of Sachs’s contributions came from Palm Beach and Broward Counties. Sachs’s campaign believes her financial advantage compliments her position of political strength: the new Senate District 34 supported Barack Obama and Alex Sink by double-digits in 2008 and 2010 and has a large Democratic registration advantage.
“I am humbled by this strong showing of support from the people of Broward and Palm Beach Counties. As a forty-year resident of South Florida I know this community and understand and share its values. It is clear that I will have the resources I need to take my message of better schools and a stronger economy to the voters,” Sachs said.