- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
With nearly $180K raised, Dane Eagle dominates fundraising in HD 77 to the end
Cape Coral Republican Dane Eagle, who served as an aide to former Gov. Charlie Crist, raised $33,435 during the past three weeks, boosting his total to $172,892, according to the latest campaign finance reports. Eagle’s Republican primary opponent, Chris Berardi of Cape Coral, collected just $1,100 during the period from July 21 to August 9 and has an overall total of $7,115.
Among Eagle’s contributors are Aubuchon Homes, the company of Rep. Gary Aubuchon, who Eagle hopes to replace.
Democrat Arvella Clare of Cape Coral has raised a total of $4,480.