- Florida power utilities fear return of ‘Green Governor’ Crist
- Cuba cracks down on goods in flyers’ luggage
- How social media helped Jay Fant and Jay Trumbull win their state House races
- Florida ranks No. 4 in U.S. for arrest-related deaths
- Gov. Rick Scott announces seven appointments, five reappointments
- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
With nearly $180K raised, Dane Eagle dominates fundraising in HD 77 to the end
Cape Coral Republican Dane Eagle, who served as an aide to former Gov. Charlie Crist, raised $33,435 during the past three weeks, boosting his total to $172,892, according to the latest campaign finance reports. Eagle’s Republican primary opponent, Chris Berardi of Cape Coral, collected just $1,100 during the period from July 21 to August 9 and has an overall total of $7,115.
Among Eagle’s contributors are Aubuchon Homes, the company of Rep. Gary Aubuchon, who Eagle hopes to replace.
Democrat Arvella Clare of Cape Coral has raised a total of $4,480.