- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
- Why Florida has to do medical marijuana right
With nearly $180K raised, Dane Eagle dominates fundraising in HD 77 to the end
Cape Coral Republican Dane Eagle, who served as an aide to former Gov. Charlie Crist, raised $33,435 during the past three weeks, boosting his total to $172,892, according to the latest campaign finance reports. Eagle’s Republican primary opponent, Chris Berardi of Cape Coral, collected just $1,100 during the period from July 21 to August 9 and has an overall total of $7,115.
Among Eagle’s contributors are Aubuchon Homes, the company of Rep. Gary Aubuchon, who Eagle hopes to replace.
Democrat Arvella Clare of Cape Coral has raised a total of $4,480.