- Oystermen fear closing of Apalachicola Bay
- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
With nearly $180K raised, Dane Eagle dominates fundraising in HD 77 to the end
Cape Coral Republican Dane Eagle, who served as an aide to former Gov. Charlie Crist, raised $33,435 during the past three weeks, boosting his total to $172,892, according to the latest campaign finance reports. Eagle’s Republican primary opponent, Chris Berardi of Cape Coral, collected just $1,100 during the period from July 21 to August 9 and has an overall total of $7,115.
Among Eagle’s contributors are Aubuchon Homes, the company of Rep. Gary Aubuchon, who Eagle hopes to replace.
Democrat Arvella Clare of Cape Coral has raised a total of $4,480.