- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
New poll shows SD 8 race between Democrat Frank Bruno and Republican Dorothy Hukill a “dead heat”
The newly redrawn district includes Volusia, Marion and Lake counties and can be categorized as a tossup seat that is winnable for a Democratic candidate. The new poll from Hamilton Campaigns shows several factors working in Bruno’s favor.
Bruno has higher name identification than Hukill in the district, 36 to 25 percent.
However, after voters hear biographical information followed by positive and negative messages about each candidate, Bruno opens up a +8 percentage point lead.