- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Meet Britton Alexander – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- Jameis Winston returns to starter position, Florida State believes it’s No. 1
- Hillsborough House candidates post robust Sept. fundraising reports
- Polling 101: What impact are third party candidates having on Rick Scott vs. Charlie Crist?
- Democratic Tampa City Councilwoman Lisa Montelione endorses Republican city council candidate Jackie Toledo
New poll shows SD 8 race between Democrat Frank Bruno and Republican Dorothy Hukill a “dead heat”
The newly redrawn district includes Volusia, Marion and Lake counties and can be categorized as a tossup seat that is winnable for a Democratic candidate. The new poll from Hamilton Campaigns shows several factors working in Bruno’s favor.
Bruno has higher name identification than Hukill in the district, 36 to 25 percent.
However, after voters hear biographical information followed by positive and negative messages about each candidate, Bruno opens up a +8 percentage point lead.