- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Al Cardenas non-endorsement a last-minute issue in Adams vs. Mica primary
Orlando’s WFTW-9 reports that Mica has claimed the endorsement of American Conservative Union head Al Cardenas with a supportive quote on a mailer – something he didn’t mean as an endorsement in his capacity at the ACU, according to a spokesperson.
The Mica campaign insists the comments were approved in writing by Cardenas, going so far as to share a copy of this email. … Mr. Cardenas reiterated his personal support for Congressman John Mica: … ‘John Mica has my personal support. We have been friends for more than 30 years.’
The Mica campaign “has never stated that John Mica has either the endorsement of the American Conservative Union or Cardenas in his capacity as head of that organization.”