- Rick Scott abandons tough talk from 2010 campaign
- SEC with five of top 10 of AP poll
- Lockheed Martin Orlando units get $122 million boost in F-35 support contracts
- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapers
- Phosphates past being reduced to rubble
- Florida GOP makes final push for Rick Scott
USA Today/Gallup poll: Paul Ryan gets low marks for VP
A new USA Today/Gallup Poll finds Rep. Paul Ryan is seen as just a “fair” or “poor” choice as Mitt Romney’s running mate by 42% of Americans vs. 39% who think he is an “excellent” or “pretty good” choice.
“The poll also finds 17% of adults say they are more likely to vote for Romney in November because Ryan is his running mate — about the same impact Sarah Palin had for John McCain four years ago among registered voters.”
The announcements of running mates since Dick Cheney in 2000 all showed more positive reactions. Only Dan Quayle in 1988 was viewed less positively.