- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Meet Britton Alexander – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- Jameis Winston returns to starter position, Florida State believes it’s No. 1
- Hillsborough House candidates post robust Sept. fundraising reports
- Polling 101: What impact are third party candidates having on Rick Scott vs. Charlie Crist?
- Democratic Tampa City Councilwoman Lisa Montelione endorses Republican city council candidate Jackie Toledo
Election Day insights from Wayne Garcia, the ol’ Political Whore
I asked USF journalism instructor Wayne Garcia, formerly the “Political Whore” at Creative Loafing and before that a well-regarded political consuntant and reporter, for his Election Day insights. At first, I was going to just include them in my running live-blog, but they’re just too good not to share in their own separate blog post.
Here are his Tweets:
Insight 1: Running for judge is a win-win. Even if you lose, your practice will increase revenues afterward because of all the free pub.
Insight 2: As an NPA, I get to vote for nobody and see no direct mail, so I judge the election by TV ads and that is a terrible thing.
Insight 3: I hope that incumbent judges targeted for no good reason like past clients Ann Ober and Jack Day keep their jobs.
Insight 4: Not that I have a lot of Tea Party friends to judge by, but I don’t feel a lot of TP excitement/buzz. Did they all vote absentee?
Insight 5: Whoever did the anti-Brandes TV ads featuring the driverless cars should refund their consulting fee and media buy commission.