- Problems abound with health law immigration papers
- Thinking ahead to Florida politics in 2018
- Florida Dems uses Duke Energy fees as Charlie Crist/Dwight Dudley campaign push
- State land sale garners more than $15 million for conservation purchases
- AP poll: FSU still atop Top 25; Texas A&M up 12 spots to No. 9
- George Sheldon’s new committee seeks Common Ground in solving Florida’s problems
Election Day insights from Wayne Garcia, the ol’ Political Whore
I asked USF journalism instructor Wayne Garcia, formerly the “Political Whore” at Creative Loafing and before that a well-regarded political consuntant and reporter, for his Election Day insights. At first, I was going to just include them in my running live-blog, but they’re just too good not to share in their own separate blog post.
Here are his Tweets:
Insight 1: Running for judge is a win-win. Even if you lose, your practice will increase revenues afterward because of all the free pub.
Insight 2: As an NPA, I get to vote for nobody and see no direct mail, so I judge the election by TV ads and that is a terrible thing.
Insight 3: I hope that incumbent judges targeted for no good reason like past clients Ann Ober and Jack Day keep their jobs.
Insight 4: Not that I have a lot of Tea Party friends to judge by, but I don’t feel a lot of TP excitement/buzz. Did they all vote absentee?
Insight 5: Whoever did the anti-Brandes TV ads featuring the driverless cars should refund their consulting fee and media buy commission.