- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
Election Day insights from Wayne Garcia, the ol’ Political Whore
I asked USF journalism instructor Wayne Garcia, formerly the “Political Whore” at Creative Loafing and before that a well-regarded political consuntant and reporter, for his Election Day insights. At first, I was going to just include them in my running live-blog, but they’re just too good not to share in their own separate blog post.
Here are his Tweets:
Insight 1: Running for judge is a win-win. Even if you lose, your practice will increase revenues afterward because of all the free pub.
Insight 2: As an NPA, I get to vote for nobody and see no direct mail, so I judge the election by TV ads and that is a terrible thing.
Insight 3: I hope that incumbent judges targeted for no good reason like past clients Ann Ober and Jack Day keep their jobs.
Insight 4: Not that I have a lot of Tea Party friends to judge by, but I don’t feel a lot of TP excitement/buzz. Did they all vote absentee?
Insight 5: Whoever did the anti-Brandes TV ads featuring the driverless cars should refund their consulting fee and media buy commission.