- News media wants access to redistricting records
- Carlos Lopez-Cantera talks Cuban embargo, Florida Hispanics and working with Rick Scott
- Sunburn for 7/22 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- SpaceX chooses Texas for launch facility, a setback for Space Florida
- Tampa Tribune issues endorsements in Pinellas Commission primaries
- Unilever to lay off more than 200 in Clearwater plant closure
Called this: Jeff Clemens defeats Associated Industries and Mack Bernard in SD 27
Rep. Jeff Clemens of Lake Worth narrowly defeated Rep. Mack Bernard of West Palm Beach in the Democratic primary for Senate District 27, reports the News Service of Florida. Clemens edged Bernard by 318 votes, 50.7 percent to 49.3 percent. Clemens is likely to win election in November, as no other candidate will appear on the ballot.