- Former Obama adviser David Plouffe joins Uber
- Sunburn for 8/20 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- California environmentalist shakes up Florida governor’s race
- Tampa Bay Times offers nickel-dick correction to King Ranch story
- WFLA poll: Rick Scott 44%, Charlie Crist 41%
- Obamacare losing its punch as a political tool for Republicans
Called this: Jeff Clemens defeats Associated Industries and Mack Bernard in SD 27
Rep. Jeff Clemens of Lake Worth narrowly defeated Rep. Mack Bernard of West Palm Beach in the Democratic primary for Senate District 27, reports the News Service of Florida. Clemens edged Bernard by 318 votes, 50.7 percent to 49.3 percent. Clemens is likely to win election in November, as no other candidate will appear on the ballot.