- Today on Context Florida: Winston’s misogynistic outburst, FSU, John Thrasher and polling basics
- Libertarian an alternative in governor’s race
- Personnel note: Stearns Weaver Miller adds two governmental affairs, land development experts
- Sunburn for 9/22 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Party money flowing to Pinellas House races
- Patrick Murphy to seek national Silver Alert program
Cliff Stearns not conceding yet to Ted Yoho in Congressional District 3
“I’m going to thank God,” said Yoho. “I’m going to do a Tebow right here.”
Yoho, unknown in Florida political circles until now, has lived in North Central Florida for more than 3 decades. He ran an aggressive campaign against Stearns, including a TV ad showing men in suits feeding from a pig trough.
Politico reports Stearns trails by more than 800 votes but is refusing to concede.