- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Meet Michael Worley – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- FSU Presidential Search Advisory Committee to select finalists for Board’s consideration
- Meet Morgan McCord — one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- Patrick Murphy becomes 4th Dem to receive U.S. Chamber 2014 endorsement
- AG Commissioner Adam Putnam endorses Bill Young in House District 68
- Meet Britton Alexander – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
Ross Spano wins close race over Joe Wicker for House District 59
Spano said he was elated.
“It’s hard to explain. It’s pretty incredible,” he said. “We just had a great grassroots kind of swell of support. Having been born and raised here, having a business here, being in church here, people just rallied around me.”
Spano faces Democrat Gail Gottlieb in the general election.
Joe Wicker, a 34-year-old Iraq war veteran and small businessman, ran a close second.
Betty Jo Tompkins, a 65-year-old business woman from Brandon, and Michael Arden Floyd, a 68-year-old retired law officer, ran a distant third and fourth, respectively, in the race to represent a district that encompasses virtually all of the Brandon area — including Valrico, Dover, Seffner, Riverview, Palm River and Clair-Mel City.