- Hot sun, cold beer: Great Bay Distributors does it right!
- Charlie Crist gets another share of public matching money
- Bitcoin is taking root in St. Pete, but what in the blazes is it?
- How private companies reap profits from public schools
- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Aug. 22-24
- Candidates in HD 65 & 67 to enter the Tiger’s Den next Wednesday
Mark Danish defeats Z.J. Hafeez in Democratic primary for House District 63
In the Democratic primary for state House District 63, veteran teacher Mark Danish defeated attorney Z.J. Hafeez, setting up a battle in the fall with Republican Shawn Harrison in the new Democratic-leaning district.
“I am honored to be the Democratic nominee for state House District 63,” Danish said. “We were outspent drastically in this election. It is seldom that hard work and people power defeats big money.”
Danish, a seventh-grade science teacher at Benito Middle School, promised to take the excitement from the primary win into the general election.
The new district encompasses Lutz, New Tampa and parts of Carrollwood, Northdale, North Tampa, Thonotosassa and the University Area.