- Charlie Crist to talk Florida innovation at Boca Raton “coworking” facility
- Polling 101: Why poll just Rick Scott versus Charlie Crist?
- Polling 101 with Steve Vancore
- 2014 MacArthur ‘genius grant’ winners unveiled
- John Thrasher’s critics should reveal their choice for FSU presidency
- While you were sleeping: Minnesota Vikings ban Adrian Peterson from all team activities
Mark Danish defeats Z.J. Hafeez in Democratic primary for House District 63
In the Democratic primary for state House District 63, veteran teacher Mark Danish defeated attorney Z.J. Hafeez, setting up a battle in the fall with Republican Shawn Harrison in the new Democratic-leaning district.
“I am honored to be the Democratic nominee for state House District 63,” Danish said. “We were outspent drastically in this election. It is seldom that hard work and people power defeats big money.”
Danish, a seventh-grade science teacher at Benito Middle School, promised to take the excitement from the primary win into the general election.
The new district encompasses Lutz, New Tampa and parts of Carrollwood, Northdale, North Tampa, Thonotosassa and the University Area.