- DOH’s Office of Compassionate Use says draft rules on Charlotte’s Web delayed
- John Legg endorses Chris Gregg in House District 36
- Charlie Crist committee transfers another $600K to Florida Democratic Party
- Democratic campaign vets charge $5K to teach political trade and to find you work as unpaid interns
- Same-sex marriage ban struck down for Miami area
- Federal court upholds Florida’s docs vs. glocks law
Mark Danish defeats Z.J. Hafeez in Democratic primary for House District 63
In the Democratic primary for state House District 63, veteran teacher Mark Danish defeated attorney Z.J. Hafeez, setting up a battle in the fall with Republican Shawn Harrison in the new Democratic-leaning district.
“I am honored to be the Democratic nominee for state House District 63,” Danish said. “We were outspent drastically in this election. It is seldom that hard work and people power defeats big money.”
Danish, a seventh-grade science teacher at Benito Middle School, promised to take the excitement from the primary win into the general election.
The new district encompasses Lutz, New Tampa and parts of Carrollwood, Northdale, North Tampa, Thonotosassa and the University Area.