- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Meet Michael Worley – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- FSU Presidential Search Advisory Committee to select finalists for Board’s consideration
- Meet Morgan McCord — one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
- Patrick Murphy becomes 4th Dem to receive U.S. Chamber 2014 endorsement
- AG Commissioner Adam Putnam endorses Bill Young in House District 68
- Meet Britton Alexander – one of the “30 under 30” rising stars of Florida Politics
Cary Pigman, Randy Johnson headed to recount in House District 55
In one of the tightest Republican races involving the Treasure Coast, Cary Pigman, of Avon Park, bested rival Randy Johnson of Sebring, by less than 30 votes as the two squared off for the state House District 55 seat that includes a portion of southern St. Lucie County, all of Okeechobee and Glades and part of Highlands County.
St. Lucie County supervisor of elections Gertrude Walker said because the candidates were separated by less than one-half of one percent, state elections officials will seek an automatic recount. St. Lucie County will conduct the recount Saturday, Walker said.
Pigman, 53, is an emergency medicine doctor who also served in Iraq as a lieutenant colonel. Johnson, 52, is a veteran Navy pilot who served in the state House for four terms.
Following a recount, the winner will face Moore Haven Democrat Crystal Drake in the Nov. 6 general election.