- Dwight Dudley lead over Bill Young in HD 68 drops to single point
- Rick Scott lead widens 44% to 39% against Charlie Crist in new WFLA poll
- GOP HD 65 hopeful Chris Sprowls opens six-point gap with Carl Zimmerman
- New Charlie Crist ad knocks “Shady” Rick Scott’s education cuts
- Universities want boost in aid for needy students
- Jeff Brandes endorses Bill Young for House District 68
Patrick Murphy, Allen West shift focus to general election
The candidates for Florida’s 18th District wasted no time shifting into general election mode on Wednesday, with Rep. Allen West calling for debates and Patrick Murphy taking to the airwaves.
On Wednesday, Murphy’s campaign released its first ad of the general election, a spot that attacks West for voting “to end Medicare as we know it.”
The 30-second spot, entitled “Twice,” uses a clip of West saying, “if you support Medicare the way it is now, you can kiss the United States of America goodbye.”
Meanwhile, West– who took some heat during the primary for refusing to debate his Republican challenger– on Wednesday called on Murphy to agree to four debates before the November election.
“To ensure the voters are provided an opportunity to hear exactly where you stand, I challenge you to a series of four debates: one debate in each of the three counties that encompass the 18th Congressional District, and the fourth debate in the geographical center of the district in Martin County,” West wrote in a letter to Murphy.
Via Nora McAlvanah of FLDemocracy2012.com.