- In wake of beheadings, Busch Gardens removes decapitated props
- Carl Folkman receives military endorsement in quiet District 4 County Commission race
- FSU trustees to make presidential pick Tuesday afternoon
- 2016 could bring a chance for revenge for Charlie Crist
- Uber adds XL cars to fleet
- NextGen Climate launches “Rick Scott’s Ark” for wealthy climate deniers
Vegas reacts to Colts, Chad Johnson and a unique umpire
After Indianapolis Colts strong showing in their first preseason game of the NFL season, Las Vegas has seen increased support for Andrew Luck & company.
The Colts over/under projected win total is 5.5 games (if they win 5 or less games, under bettors cash; win 6 or more games, over bettors cash). After Indy’s strong show on Sunday, Vegas is reporting big money on Colts to win OVER the projected total of 5.5 games.
Meanwhile, the media is still abuzz with talk of Chad Johnson (aka Ochocinco) being cut by the Dolphins.
While an interesting story, Vegas says the effect on the DOLPHINS is EXACTLY ZERO. No Dolphins odds have changed with the news – no odds change on any game, nor on any season-long wagers.
Perhaps the most interesting story is that of umpire Paul Emmels this season:
21 times MORE runs were scored in the game than expected by Vegas; only ONCE were less runs scored in the game than expected by Vegas.
If you had bet OVER the total in each of Emmels’ games, you would have won 21 times and lost only 1 time this season!
The odds of this occuring randomly are 182,361 to 1 against!
The following fact makes these extreme results even more surprising: In 13 prior seasons as an umpire, Paul Emmels games had gone over the total only 48% of the time.