- Study: Americans endure unwanted care near death
- Judithanne McLauchlan challenges Sen. Jeff Brandes to debates already scheduled
- Personnel note: Fiorentino Group’s Bo Bohannon to retire, while Tom Griffin is set to to join firm
- Conservative Hillsborough commissioners change course on domestic partnership registry
- Mosaic to help present business sustainability summit at Streamsong October 9
- Pinellas Schools get 22 M16s through controversial military surplus program
Scott’s legislative affairs director, Jon Costello, submits resignation
Gov. Rick’s Scott’s legislative affairs director, Jon Costello, has submitted his resignation, effective Sept. 7. Costello, who helped shepherd Scott’s priorities through the Legislature during the past two years, did not indicate in his resignation letter what he will do next, reports the News Service of Florida. “To say that serving in your administration has been an honor would be a vast understatement, it has truly been the opportunity of a lifetime,” Costello wrote in the letter, dated Wednesday, to Scott. The governor has asked Costello to serve as a board member of the Northwest Florida Water Management District, according to a news release from Scott’s office.