- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
- Why Florida has to do medical marijuana right
- Candidate hoping to make Florida Medical Association’s position on Medicaid an issue in HD 6 race
Scott’s legislative affairs director, Jon Costello, submits resignation
Gov. Rick’s Scott’s legislative affairs director, Jon Costello, has submitted his resignation, effective Sept. 7. Costello, who helped shepherd Scott’s priorities through the Legislature during the past two years, did not indicate in his resignation letter what he will do next, reports the News Service of Florida. “To say that serving in your administration has been an honor would be a vast understatement, it has truly been the opportunity of a lifetime,” Costello wrote in the letter, dated Wednesday, to Scott. The governor has asked Costello to serve as a board member of the Northwest Florida Water Management District, according to a news release from Scott’s office.