- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Scott’s legislative affairs director, Jon Costello, submits resignation
Gov. Rick’s Scott’s legislative affairs director, Jon Costello, has submitted his resignation, effective Sept. 7. Costello, who helped shepherd Scott’s priorities through the Legislature during the past two years, did not indicate in his resignation letter what he will do next, reports the News Service of Florida. “To say that serving in your administration has been an honor would be a vast understatement, it has truly been the opportunity of a lifetime,” Costello wrote in the letter, dated Wednesday, to Scott. The governor has asked Costello to serve as a board member of the Northwest Florida Water Management District, according to a news release from Scott’s office.