- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Republican groups target Keith Fitzgerald with robocalls on Medicare
The Congressional Leadership Fund and YG Action, two influential Republican outside groups, are teaming up together for the first time on a project of this sort to go on offense on Medicare, launching a robo-call campaign today that hammers 42 Democrats, including Florida challenger Keith Fitzgerald for supporting the federal health care law. They even use the Democrats’ favorite talking point, saying the IPAB created by the law ends Medicare “as we know it.”
Here’s the sample script:
Hi. This is XXXX calling on behalf of the YG Action Fund to tell you an important truth about Medicare. Florida Democrat Keith Ftizgerald supports cutting over $700 billion from seniors’ Medicare to pay for Obamacare, which creates an unelected board of bureaucrats that is empowered to QUOTE cut Medicare in ways that will lead to denied care for seniors UNQUOTE, ending Medicare as we know it. Obamacare also includes a tax on health insurance that will raise premiums. Unfortunately President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Keith Fitzgerald are willing to cut Medicare in order to pay for their national health care experiment. That’s scary. Call Keith Ftizgerald and tell him to Repeal ObamaCare and stop cutting Seniors’ Medicare.”
H/t to James Hohmann.