- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
- Meet John Morgan: The man behind the medical pot drive
Florida’s unemployment rate ticks up to 8.8 percent
Florida’s unemployment rate ticked up to 8.8 percent in July, 0.2 percent higher than in June, but still nearly two percentage points below where it was a year ago, reports the News Service of Florida. The state’s total number of jobs in July decreased by 3,300 from June, the state Department of Economic Opportunity said.