- Largo Commissioner Curtis Holmes SHOULD NOT resign over THAT!
- Study: Americans endure unwanted care near death
- Judithanne McLauchlan challenges Sen. Jeff Brandes to debates already scheduled
- Personnel note: Fiorentino Group’s Bo Bohannon to retire, while Tom Griffin is set to to join firm
- Conservative Hillsborough commissioners change course on domestic partnership registry
- Mosaic to help present business sustainability summit at Streamsong October 9
Florida’s unemployment rate ticks up to 8.8 percent
Florida’s unemployment rate ticked up to 8.8 percent in July, 0.2 percent higher than in June, but still nearly two percentage points below where it was a year ago, reports the News Service of Florida. The state’s total number of jobs in July decreased by 3,300 from June, the state Department of Economic Opportunity said.