- Dept. of Health not backing down from lottery system to select Charlotte’s Web growers
- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
Florida’s unemployment rate ticks up to 8.8 percent
Florida’s unemployment rate ticked up to 8.8 percent in July, 0.2 percent higher than in June, but still nearly two percentage points below where it was a year ago, reports the News Service of Florida. The state’s total number of jobs in July decreased by 3,300 from June, the state Department of Economic Opportunity said.