- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Three legislative races go to recounts
Chris Cate, a spokesman for the Florida Division of Elections, said in a Twitter message that a recount is required in the Senate District 27 battle between Reps. Jeff Clemens, D-Lake Worth, and Mack Bernard, D-West Palm Beach. Recounts also are required in a House District 55 race between former Rep. Randy Johnson, R-Sebring, and Cary Pigman, R-Avon Park, and in a District 107 race between Reps. John Patrick Julien, D-North Miami Beach, and Barbara Watson, D-Miami Gardens. The recounts were triggered because each race was decided by less than one-half of 1 percent of the votes cast.