- The coming war between Rick Kriseman and Bill Edwards
- Today on Context Florida: Sports fans, Joan Rivers, FSU hypocrisy and Jameis Winston redux
- Sunburn for 9/18 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Polling 101 con’t: Phone calls versus online surveying
- Charlie Crist lays out his plan to create jobs
- Feds asks for sentence reduction for House candidate in case linked to David Rivera
Ten prominent GOP leaders in Pasco pledge support of Mike Fasano in his dispute with Bill Bunting
State Sen. Mike Fasano released a letter of support from 10 prominent Republicans on Friday. He has been engaged in a public dispute with GOP state committeeman Bill Bunting, who questions his party loyalty. The brief letter says: “We the undersigned express our complete support for lifelong Republican state senator, and soon-to-be state representative, Mike Fasano. As a Republican he has served our community well at home and in Tallahassee during his past 18 years as a state legislator.” The letter is signed by House Speaker-designate Will Weatherford, Rep. Richard Corcoran, Sen.-elect John Legg, Sheriff Chris Nocco, clerk of courts Paula O’Neil, county Commissioners Ann Hildebrand and Pat Mulieri, GOP committeewoman-elect Sandy Graves, Senate candidate Wilton Simpson and Kurt Browning, the schools superintendent candidate who faces only write-in opposition on the November ballot.
Via the Tampa Bay Times.