- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
- Why Florida has to do medical marijuana right
Ten prominent GOP leaders in Pasco pledge support of Mike Fasano in his dispute with Bill Bunting
State Sen. Mike Fasano released a letter of support from 10 prominent Republicans on Friday. He has been engaged in a public dispute with GOP state committeeman Bill Bunting, who questions his party loyalty. The brief letter says: “We the undersigned express our complete support for lifelong Republican state senator, and soon-to-be state representative, Mike Fasano. As a Republican he has served our community well at home and in Tallahassee during his past 18 years as a state legislator.” The letter is signed by House Speaker-designate Will Weatherford, Rep. Richard Corcoran, Sen.-elect John Legg, Sheriff Chris Nocco, clerk of courts Paula O’Neil, county Commissioners Ann Hildebrand and Pat Mulieri, GOP committeewoman-elect Sandy Graves, Senate candidate Wilton Simpson and Kurt Browning, the schools superintendent candidate who faces only write-in opposition on the November ballot.
Via the Tampa Bay Times.