- GE plant to bring 250 jobs to Clearwater and $50 million in capital investment
- Daniel Diaz Leyva hits $200,000 raised mark in House District 112 race
- Ted Yoho is “biggest threat to GOP” in midterms, columnist says
- Times editorial: Rick Scott must stop misleading voters about rail
- First bills filed for 2015 legislative session
- Arthenia Joyner endorses Sean Shaw in HD 61
Vandals destroy ‘Repeal Obama’ billboard in Sarasota just two days after it went up; reward offered for information
A $1,000 reward is being offered for information which leads to the arrest of those who vandalized a newly-installed billboard in Sarasota that reads “Repeal Obama.”
The billboard, paid for by the Sarasota Republican Party, just went up on Friday, but by Sunday was found to be violently defaced.
Sarasota GOP chairman Joe Gruters was, as expected, upset by the incident, “The President has done all he can to distract people away from the real issues that we are facing as a nation,” said Gruters. Now we are facing the Chicago thug tactics right here in Sarasota.”
Those with information about the vandalism should contact Gruters at 941.914.2004.