- Personnel note: Fiorentino Group’s Bo Bohannon to retire, while Tom Griffin is set to to join firm
- Conservative Hillsborough commissioners change course on domestic partnership registry
- Mosaic to help present business sustainability summit at Streamsong October 9
- Pinellas Schools get 22 M16s through controversial military surplus program
- Gubernatorial debate organizers to Libertarian Adrian Wyllie: ‘Drop dead!’
- Red tide off northwest Florida could hit economy
Mitt Romney vetoed first six stage designs for Republican National Convention in Tampa
Earlier this summer, aides showed Romney six options for stage designs to let him pick,” Phil Rucker wrote in Saturday’s Washington Post. “But Romney, who after overseeing the Opening Ceremonies at the Salt Lake City Olympics fancies himself as having a trained eye for stagecraft, vetoed all six. He sent aides back to the drawing board before finally settling on a design he liked.