- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
- While other 2016ers are building campaigns, Jeb Bush is building his business empire
- RNC again tops DNC; Democrats’ House and Senate committees best GOP rivals
- Florida town knew shooter had troubled past
- Jameis Winston benched for entire game versus Clemson
- Polk County business alliance launches “No Tax No Way” online campaign
Grover Norquist to speak at USF St. Petersburg during RNC week
Norquist will talk about the American political process on Wednesday, Aug. 29 from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Americans for Tax Reform sponsored the “Taxpayer Protection Pledge’’ signed by an overwhelming majority of Republican members of Congress.
The event, which is free and open to the public, is sponsored by the USFSP Office of International Affairs and the International Council of the Tampa Bay Region.
Young political leaders, elected officials and media from more than 25 countries will observe the RNC proceedings under the sponsorship of The International Council of the Tampa Bay and are expected to attend the speech.
The event is one of three planned at USFSP during RNC week, including a speech by author Michael Grunwald on Aug. 28.