- School Boards Association very concerned about Lee County’s vote to abandon standardized testing
- Dan Webster hosts Sept. 6 re-election kickoff cookout for CD 8
- So how did top consultants like David Johnson, Ryan Tyson, and Steve Vancore with their primary picks?
- Labor Day Weekend, brought to you by these Florida lobbyists and political organizations
- Charlie Crist leads Rick Scott 45% to 43% in first post-primary poll
- Today on Context Florida: Election turnout, Pot Wizards, Jennifer Carroll and Pensacola Metro
Rep. Julien, loser in Democratic primary for House District 107, alleging voter fraud
A Democratic Miami state representative who narrowly lost a primary that pitted him against a fellow incumbent is claiming election fraud. Miami’s CBS-4 reported Tuesday that Rep. John Patrick Julien, the loser in the Democratic primary for House District 107, is asking the Miami-Dade state attorney’s office to investigate the primary, which was won by Rep. Barbara Watson, D-Miami Gardens, by 13 votes following a recount. Watson and Julien were drawn into the same district in this year’s redistricting. The Miami-Dade prosecutor’s office hasn’t said whether it plans to investigate.