- News media wants access to redistricting records
- Carlos Lopez-Cantera talks Cuban embargo, Florida Hispanics and working with Rick Scott
- Sunburn for 7/22 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- SpaceX chooses Texas for launch facility, a setback for Space Florida
- Tampa Tribune issues endorsements in Pinellas Commission primaries
- Unilever to lay off more than 200 in Clearwater plant closure
Rep. Julien, loser in Democratic primary for House District 107, alleging voter fraud
A Democratic Miami state representative who narrowly lost a primary that pitted him against a fellow incumbent is claiming election fraud. Miami’s CBS-4 reported Tuesday that Rep. John Patrick Julien, the loser in the Democratic primary for House District 107, is asking the Miami-Dade state attorney’s office to investigate the primary, which was won by Rep. Barbara Watson, D-Miami Gardens, by 13 votes following a recount. Watson and Julien were drawn into the same district in this year’s redistricting. The Miami-Dade prosecutor’s office hasn’t said whether it plans to investigate.