- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
Majority want Todd Akin to drop Senate bid
A new SurveyUSA poll in Missouri finds that 54%, including a majority of men and women, say Rep. Todd Akin should quit the U.S. Senate race and allow another Republican to run in his place while 35% say Akin should continue his bid to unseat Sen. Claire McCaskill.
Key findings: “A large majority, 76%, do not share Akin’s views on rape and pregnancy. But it is important to note that 13% do share his views, including 16% of pro-life voters, 19% of conservatives and 24% of African Americans. Akin says that he mis-spoke. But 55% in Missouri don’t buy it.”
A poll last night found Akin still running neck-and-neck with McCaskill.