- College Football Playoff era begins
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Charlie Crist in Miami on Friday
- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
Watch: Media availability with Rick Scott
Gov. Rick Scott says he’s started writing and practicing his speech for the Republican convention next Monday night. He says he’ll talk about how Florida needs a federal partner to do the same things that he’s doing in Florida: reduce taxes, regulations and streamline the permitting process to create jobs. In this avail with reporters, he talks about wanting to move Florida schools away from the pratice of teaching to the FCAT and focusing more on helping students develop analytical skills. He also gives his perspective on Rep. Todd Akin’s comments about rape.