- U.S. House OKs bill to address border crisis; Obama condemns it
- In light of redistricting ruling, Senate President urges members not to throw out any relevant docs, files
- Growers and lobbyists not high on second draft of pot rules
- Write-in candidate files emergency motion in HD 64 decision
- Rick Scott campaign pulls in another $397K
- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
Watch: Media availability with Rick Scott
Gov. Rick Scott says he’s started writing and practicing his speech for the Republican convention next Monday night. He says he’ll talk about how Florida needs a federal partner to do the same things that he’s doing in Florida: reduce taxes, regulations and streamline the permitting process to create jobs. In this avail with reporters, he talks about wanting to move Florida schools away from the pratice of teaching to the FCAT and focusing more on helping students develop analytical skills. He also gives his perspective on Rep. Todd Akin’s comments about rape.