- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Orlando-area House challengers gain fundraising ground, with help of Florida GOP
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
Watch: Media availability with Rick Scott
Gov. Rick Scott says he’s started writing and practicing his speech for the Republican convention next Monday night. He says he’ll talk about how Florida needs a federal partner to do the same things that he’s doing in Florida: reduce taxes, regulations and streamline the permitting process to create jobs. In this avail with reporters, he talks about wanting to move Florida schools away from the pratice of teaching to the FCAT and focusing more on helping students develop analytical skills. He also gives his perspective on Rep. Todd Akin’s comments about rape.