- GE plant to bring 250 jobs to Clearwater and $50 million in capital investment
- Daniel Diaz Leyva hits $200,000 raised mark in House District 112 race
- Ted Yoho is “biggest threat to GOP” in midterms, columnist says
- Times editorial: Rick Scott must stop misleading voters about rail
- First bills filed for 2015 legislative session
- Arthenia Joyner endorses Sean Shaw in HD 61
Watch: Media availability with Rick Scott
Gov. Rick Scott says he’s started writing and practicing his speech for the Republican convention next Monday night. He says he’ll talk about how Florida needs a federal partner to do the same things that he’s doing in Florida: reduce taxes, regulations and streamline the permitting process to create jobs. In this avail with reporters, he talks about wanting to move Florida schools away from the pratice of teaching to the FCAT and focusing more on helping students develop analytical skills. He also gives his perspective on Rep. Todd Akin’s comments about rape.