- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Watch: Media availability with Rick Scott
Gov. Rick Scott says he’s started writing and practicing his speech for the Republican convention next Monday night. He says he’ll talk about how Florida needs a federal partner to do the same things that he’s doing in Florida: reduce taxes, regulations and streamline the permitting process to create jobs. In this avail with reporters, he talks about wanting to move Florida schools away from the pratice of teaching to the FCAT and focusing more on helping students develop analytical skills. He also gives his perspective on Rep. Todd Akin’s comments about rape.