- Today on Context Florida: Israel & Hamas, one-up California, wealth lobby and newspapers
- Golfer who beat 64-year-old with “piston-like punching,” denied Stand Your Ground defense by Florida judge
- AARP Florida releases “2014 Legislative Voting Record” on senior issues
- Price tag for new Gateway expressway is $454M
- Sunburn for 7/31 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Marco Rubio walks a thin line with medical marijuana support
Not only is Todd Akin not dropping out, he’s now fundraising on Facebook
Not only is Missouri ‘s Todd Akin not dropping out of the race for the US Senate, he’s now fundraising on Facebook with an ad asking donors to chip in $3 as a sign of support.
“Stand with Todd Akin,” reads the blurb on Facebook, although it’s really, really not clear what exactly one would be standing with were they to stand with Akin.
Earlier today, Akin “dismissed pleas from top Republicans to abandon his besieged Senate campaign, saying party leaders including presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney were overreacting to his comments that women’s bodies can prevent pregnancies in cases of ‘legitimate rape,’” the AP reports.