- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
- Pat Gerard lobbies for campaign cash in Tallahassee — was it on City of Largo’s dime?
- Problems abound with health law immigration papers
Not only is Todd Akin not dropping out, he’s now fundraising on Facebook
Not only is Missouri ‘s Todd Akin not dropping out of the race for the US Senate, he’s now fundraising on Facebook with an ad asking donors to chip in $3 as a sign of support.
“Stand with Todd Akin,” reads the blurb on Facebook, although it’s really, really not clear what exactly one would be standing with were they to stand with Akin.
Earlier today, Akin “dismissed pleas from top Republicans to abandon his besieged Senate campaign, saying party leaders including presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney were overreacting to his comments that women’s bodies can prevent pregnancies in cases of ‘legitimate rape,’” the AP reports.