- Rick Scott administration lacks a heart, or brain, on immigration
- Today on Context Florida: David Jolly, immigrants, the richest rich and Herbalife
- Jeff Atwater should campaign like the classy Cardinals fan he is instead of being Yankee antagonizer
- Second medical marijuana law workshop scheduled in Tallahassee for Aug. 1
- Sunburn for 7/23 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Latest Q-poll of Fla. gov’s race: Charlie Crist 45%, Rick Scott 40%
Not only is Todd Akin not dropping out, he’s now fundraising on Facebook
Not only is Missouri ‘s Todd Akin not dropping out of the race for the US Senate, he’s now fundraising on Facebook with an ad asking donors to chip in $3 as a sign of support.
“Stand with Todd Akin,” reads the blurb on Facebook, although it’s really, really not clear what exactly one would be standing with were they to stand with Akin.
Earlier today, Akin “dismissed pleas from top Republicans to abandon his besieged Senate campaign, saying party leaders including presumptive presidential nominee Mitt Romney were overreacting to his comments that women’s bodies can prevent pregnancies in cases of ‘legitimate rape,’” the AP reports.