- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
Ron Paul’s after-party Sunday moves from Ferg’s in St. Pete to Whiskey Joe’s in Tampa
Security fences going up around Tropicana Field have derailed U.S. Rep. Ron Paul’s Liberty Rock After-Party on Sunday night.
The GOP presidential candidate had been expected to draw more than 1,500 supporters to Ferg’s Sports Bar and Grill after the Republican National Convention’s welcome party at the stadium.
The party has been moved to Whiskey Joe’s Bar & Grill in Tampa.
The fences and numerous road closures in St. Petersburg would have kept buses from shuttling Paul supporters one block from the Trop to the bar, Ferg’s owner Mark Ferguson said. He is baffled that supporters couldn’t walk.
“Even if Ron Paul comes in a limo, it’s an issue,” he said. “It was more the Secret Service and the RNC with all the road closures. It’s out of my control. I had no input.”
Paul’s campaign did not return a call for comment.
Continue reading Mark Puente’s story here.