- Dwight Dudley lead over Bill Young in HD 68 drops to single point
- Rick Scott lead widens 44% to 39% against Charlie Crist in new WFLA poll
- GOP HD 65 hopeful Chris Sprowls opens six-point gap with Carl Zimmerman
- New Charlie Crist ad knocks “Shady” Rick Scott’s education cuts
- Universities want boost in aid for needy students
- Jeff Brandes endorses Bill Young for House District 68
Ron Paul’s after-party Sunday moves from Ferg’s in St. Pete to Whiskey Joe’s in Tampa
Security fences going up around Tropicana Field have derailed U.S. Rep. Ron Paul’s Liberty Rock After-Party on Sunday night.
The GOP presidential candidate had been expected to draw more than 1,500 supporters to Ferg’s Sports Bar and Grill after the Republican National Convention’s welcome party at the stadium.
The party has been moved to Whiskey Joe’s Bar & Grill in Tampa.
The fences and numerous road closures in St. Petersburg would have kept buses from shuttling Paul supporters one block from the Trop to the bar, Ferg’s owner Mark Ferguson said. He is baffled that supporters couldn’t walk.
“Even if Ron Paul comes in a limo, it’s an issue,” he said. “It was more the Secret Service and the RNC with all the road closures. It’s out of my control. I had no input.”
Paul’s campaign did not return a call for comment.
Continue reading Mark Puente’s story here.