- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
VP Biden cancels trip to Tampa to counter RNC; did not want to divert resources from response to Isaac
An Obama campaign official says Biden is putting off Monday’s trip in order to ensure that all local law enforcement and emergency management resources can stay focused on Tropical Storm Isaac, which could impact Florida during the convention.
iden had planned a two-day swing through Florida during the Republican meetings to counter their message. The official says Biden still plans to continue with stops in Orlando and St. Augustine on Tuesday.
The official wouldn’t say whether Biden would reschedule his stop in Tampa, only that the campaign was monitoring the storm. The official requested anonymity in order to speak ahead of the campaign’s official announcement.