- Dept. of Health not backing down from lottery system to select Charlotte’s Web growers
- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
VP Biden cancels trip to Tampa to counter RNC; did not want to divert resources from response to Isaac
An Obama campaign official says Biden is putting off Monday’s trip in order to ensure that all local law enforcement and emergency management resources can stay focused on Tropical Storm Isaac, which could impact Florida during the convention.
iden had planned a two-day swing through Florida during the Republican meetings to counter their message. The official says Biden still plans to continue with stops in Orlando and St. Augustine on Tuesday.
The official wouldn’t say whether Biden would reschedule his stop in Tampa, only that the campaign was monitoring the storm. The official requested anonymity in order to speak ahead of the campaign’s official announcement.