- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
- Palace intrigue: Lame Duck Adam Hollingsworth desperately seeking an exit strategy
- School Boards Association very concerned about Lee County’s vote to abandon standardized testing
VP Biden cancels trip to Tampa to counter RNC; did not want to divert resources from response to Isaac
An Obama campaign official says Biden is putting off Monday’s trip in order to ensure that all local law enforcement and emergency management resources can stay focused on Tropical Storm Isaac, which could impact Florida during the convention.
iden had planned a two-day swing through Florida during the Republican meetings to counter their message. The official says Biden still plans to continue with stops in Orlando and St. Augustine on Tuesday.
The official wouldn’t say whether Biden would reschedule his stop in Tampa, only that the campaign was monitoring the storm. The official requested anonymity in order to speak ahead of the campaign’s official announcement.