- Oystermen fear closing of Apalachicola Bay
- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
VP Biden cancels trip to Tampa to counter RNC; did not want to divert resources from response to Isaac
An Obama campaign official says Biden is putting off Monday’s trip in order to ensure that all local law enforcement and emergency management resources can stay focused on Tropical Storm Isaac, which could impact Florida during the convention.
iden had planned a two-day swing through Florida during the Republican meetings to counter their message. The official says Biden still plans to continue with stops in Orlando and St. Augustine on Tuesday.
The official wouldn’t say whether Biden would reschedule his stop in Tampa, only that the campaign was monitoring the storm. The official requested anonymity in order to speak ahead of the campaign’s official announcement.