- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: House District 36
- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: HD 29, HD 30, HD 47 & HD 49
- Previewing the Top 20 Florida House races to watch in 2014: HD 21, HD 25, HD 27
- New poll: Governor’s race tied, Amendment 2 passing
- University of Florida reports record donations
- Florida Association of Professional Lobbyists to gather for annual summit
Interesting thought of the day: Is Mitt Romney aiming to be a one-termer?
Romney campaign manager told the Huffington iPad magazine that Mitt Romney’s inner circle thinks a Romney presidency could look much like that of President James Polk after tackling issues like the federal debt and entitlement spending.
“Polk, who served from 1845 to 1849, presided over the expansion of the U.S. into a coast-to-coast nation, annexing Texas and winning the Mexican-American war for territories that also included New Mexico and California. He reduced trade barriers and strengthened the Treasury system. And he was a one-term president. Polk is an allegory for Rhoades: He did great things, and then exited the scene, and few remember him. That, Rhoades suggested, could be Romney’s legacy as well.”