- Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
- ‘Avengers’ unleash ‘Ultron’ footage at Comic-Con
- After air ball during congressional committee, Curt Clawson renews his “three-point challenge” to Obama
- Pregnant Florida woman killed by accidental shooting while admiring gun collection
- Tampa Tribune endorses Charlie Crist in Democratic primary
- Author: Fort Caroline was likely in Georgia
Listing of RNC-related events & parties for Monday, August 27
Former U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman, Sen. John Barrasso (Wyo.), and Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll speak. 12 p.m., InterContinental Hotel Tampa, Bayshore Ballroom, 4860 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Health-care industry officials will take part in a panel titled, “Health Care: The Way Forward.” Monday, 1 p.m., InterContinental Hotel Tampa, Bayshore Ballroom, 4860 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Florida U.S. Rep. Rich Nugent is among the panelists who will discuss overcoming barriers to job creation. 2 p.m., InterContinental Hotel, BayShore Ballroom, 4860 W Kennedy Blvd.
American Conservative Union Chairman Al Cardenas, NRA President David Keene and Frontiers of Freedom President George Landrith host an event honoring Grover Norquist. 4 p.m., Liberty Plaza, 180 S. Morgan St., Tampa.
Former Secretary of State Condolezza Rice, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez and Incoming Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford attend the State Government Leadership Foundation and SunPAC’s Education Reform Event. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has also been invited, as has Miami-Dade schools superintendent Alberto Carvalho. Monday, 8:30 p.m., The Cuban Club, 2010 14 Ave.