- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
- Meet John Morgan: The man behind the medical pot drive
Listing of RNC-related events & parties for Monday, August 27
Former U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman, Sen. John Barrasso (Wyo.), and Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll speak. 12 p.m., InterContinental Hotel Tampa, Bayshore Ballroom, 4860 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Health-care industry officials will take part in a panel titled, “Health Care: The Way Forward.” Monday, 1 p.m., InterContinental Hotel Tampa, Bayshore Ballroom, 4860 W. Kennedy Blvd.
Florida U.S. Rep. Rich Nugent is among the panelists who will discuss overcoming barriers to job creation. 2 p.m., InterContinental Hotel, BayShore Ballroom, 4860 W Kennedy Blvd.
American Conservative Union Chairman Al Cardenas, NRA President David Keene and Frontiers of Freedom President George Landrith host an event honoring Grover Norquist. 4 p.m., Liberty Plaza, 180 S. Morgan St., Tampa.
Former Secretary of State Condolezza Rice, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez and Incoming Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford attend the State Government Leadership Foundation and SunPAC’s Education Reform Event. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has also been invited, as has Miami-Dade schools superintendent Alberto Carvalho. Monday, 8:30 p.m., The Cuban Club, 2010 14 Ave.