- RIck Scott’s “Let’s Get To Work” committee breaks $33 million raised mark
- Ethics investigation of Rep. Heather Fitzenhagen undisclosed checking account goes forward
- Tom Steyer’s NextGen PAC starts anti-Rick Scott campaign with $750K boost
- After Innocents Lost series, Miami Herald promotes Carol Marbin Miller
- Sunburn for 8/1 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Florida man bitten by poisonous snake may end up in jail for keeping it as pet
VP Joe Biden cancels planned second day in Florida
Due to the statewide state of emergency declared in Florida, Vice President Biden’s travel to Orlando and St. Augustine, Florida on Tuesday, August 28 for campaign events has been postponed.
This change in schedule is being taken to ensure that all law enforcement and emergency management resources across the state can continue their focus on ensuring the safety of those who might be impacted by the storm.