- College Football Playoff era begins
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Charlie Crist in Miami on Friday
- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
RNC planners could extend convention to Friday
Republicans are leaving open the possibility of extending their Tampa convention by a day, a senior Republican official told National Journal. The convention currently is scheduled to end Thursday, but major disruptions in Tampa or along the Gulf Coast could prompt officials to extend it a day.
With Isaac expected to strengthen to a Category 2 hurricane and hit the Gulf Coast between Louisiana and Florida at midweek, Republicans are looking for flexibility in their schedule.
Convention officials still expect to begin the convention on Tuesday.