- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
RNC planners could extend convention to Friday
Republicans are leaving open the possibility of extending their Tampa convention by a day, a senior Republican official told National Journal. The convention currently is scheduled to end Thursday, but major disruptions in Tampa or along the Gulf Coast could prompt officials to extend it a day.
With Isaac expected to strengthen to a Category 2 hurricane and hit the Gulf Coast between Louisiana and Florida at midweek, Republicans are looking for flexibility in their schedule.
Convention officials still expect to begin the convention on Tuesday.