- Another lobbyist insists Pat Gerard was “trolling for money” in April
- TBT: Happy birthday to the CIA and NSA, and some less celebratory dates in these agencies’ pasts
- The coming war between Rick Kriseman and Bill Edwards
- Today on Context Florida: Sports fans, Joan Rivers, FSU hypocrisy and Jameis Winston redux
- Sunburn for 9/18 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Polling 101 con’t: Phone calls versus online surveying
RNC planners could extend convention to Friday
Republicans are leaving open the possibility of extending their Tampa convention by a day, a senior Republican official told National Journal. The convention currently is scheduled to end Thursday, but major disruptions in Tampa or along the Gulf Coast could prompt officials to extend it a day.
With Isaac expected to strengthen to a Category 2 hurricane and hit the Gulf Coast between Louisiana and Florida at midweek, Republicans are looking for flexibility in their schedule.
Convention officials still expect to begin the convention on Tuesday.