- U.S. House OKs bill to address border crisis; Obama condemns it
- In light of redistricting ruling, Senate President urges members not to throw out any relevant docs, files
- Growers and lobbyists not high on second draft of pot rules
- Write-in candidate files emergency motion in HD 64 decision
- Rick Scott campaign pulls in another $397K
- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
RNC planners could extend convention to Friday
Republicans are leaving open the possibility of extending their Tampa convention by a day, a senior Republican official told National Journal. The convention currently is scheduled to end Thursday, but major disruptions in Tampa or along the Gulf Coast could prompt officials to extend it a day.
With Isaac expected to strengthen to a Category 2 hurricane and hit the Gulf Coast between Louisiana and Florida at midweek, Republicans are looking for flexibility in their schedule.
Convention officials still expect to begin the convention on Tuesday.