- Polk County business alliance launches “No Tax No Way” online campaign
- Tampa Bay Rays pitch $25,000 into Greenlight Pinellas campaign
- Rick Scott campaign approaches $8M in fundraising
- Carlos Curbelo calls Medicare and Social Security “Ponzi schemes” in DC talk
- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
GOP, eyeing Isaac, issues new convention schedule
Romney campaign adviser Russ Schriefer said officials are monitoring the weather closely and left the door open to more schedule changes.
Schriefer said he didn’t want to discuss “hypothetical” cancellations but “our concern has to be with the people in the path” of the storm.
Under the revised schedule, Mitt Romney will be nominated Tuesday night and give his acceptance speech Thursday night.
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, originally slated to speak Monday night, will speak Wednesday night under the new schedule.
Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor, will now deliver his remarks Thursday night before Romney’s speech.
The lineup of primetime speakers for 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, when the networks will provide coverage, is unchanged.