- Today on Context Florida: Prisons, immigration, bike trail connector and managing money
- The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Sunshine State News
- Sunburn for 7/25 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Gaza in Miami?
- Gray|Robinson launches new practice group that includes focus on medical marijuana
- Gov. Scott and the bike trail: What a difference an election year makes
Florida delegation enjoys Monday breakfast in ‘primary purgatory’
Florida delegates at the Republican National Convention are based in Palm Harbor, about an hour north of Tampa, a penalty for moving the state’s presidential primary earlier than the national Republican Party would have liked.
South Carolina did the same, and its delegates are also banished to the far reaches of the region, sharing the Innisbrook resort in northern Pinellas County. The two delegations had breakfast together Monday morning. Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam welcomed the South Carolina delegates, calling them Florida’s “partners in primary purgatory.”