- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Mitt Romney, evoking Popeye the Sailor Man, says “I am what I am”
Mitt Romney conceded President Obama has succeeded in making him a less likable person in an interview with Politico but he offered a defiant retort to those hoping he will open up this week: “I am who I am.”
“Romney quoted that Popeye line three times in a 30-minute interview… swatting away advice from Republicans to focus on connecting with voters in a more emotional, human way at this convention.”
“The issue seems close to the surface for Romney. He even used the same line in an interview with Fox News that aired Sunday: “Remember that Popeye line: ‘I am what I am and that’s all what I am.'”