- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
Tampa Bay awash in special interest ads during RNC week
Conservative groups are together dropping hundreds of thousands of dollars to help keep the spotlight in Tampa on Mitt Romney during this week’s Republican National Convention.
Americans for Prosperity, 60 Plus Association, American Crossroads and its nonprofit affiliate Crossroads GPS and Restore Our Future have spent at least a combined $430,000 on ad buys on Tampa’s ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox affiliates for the week of the convention,
Romney’s campaign has spent an additional $14,650 for spots on the ABC affiliate WFTS, according to an analysis of documents posted on the Federal Communications Commission’s database.
The combined effort represents twice the amount President Barack Obama’s campaign and the super PAC Priorities USA Action have spent on spots for the week. Obama for America has bought more than $200,000 in ad time during the week and Priorities USA has spent $6,730.
Material from POLITICO was used in this post.