- Rick Scott administration lacks a heart, or brain, on immigration
- Today on Context Florida: David Jolly, immigrants, the richest rich and Herbalife
- Jeff Atwater should campaign like the classy Cardinals fan he is instead of being Yankee antagonizer
- Second medical marijuana law workshop scheduled in Tallahassee for Aug. 1
- Sunburn for 7/23 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Latest Q-poll of Fla. gov’s race: Charlie Crist 45%, Rick Scott 40%
Foley & Lardner plan star-studded salute to Cleta Mitchell on Tuesday
Among politicians scheduled to speak or appear at the event, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday at the firm’s Tampa office: Sens. Kelly Ayotte, Jim DeMint, Jim Inhofe, Marco Rubio and former GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum. Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association; Al Cardenas, chairman of the American Conservative Union and Newsmax Publisher Chris Ruddy, are also slated to attend.
Mitchell’s practice, according to her bio, focuses on advising “corporations, nonprofit and issue organizations, candidates, campaigns, and individuals on state and federal campaign finance law, election law, and compliance issues related to lobbying, ethics and financial disclosure. She has also in the past lobbied for various clients including the Heritage Foundation, Educational Testing Service and Alliance for Charitable Reform, federal records show.