- Email Insights: Three endorsements help Richard DeNapoli “fight the smears”
- On same day as Sharknado 2 premiere … man dies after diving for lobsters off South Florida
- Floridians concerned about ability to care for aging parents, new poll shows
- Will Weatherford’s newly-formed committee gets $425K boost from Florida GOP
- 5 things I think I think about the Times story about GOP fundraising at King Ranch
- Well, here’s one way Rep. Tom Goodson proves he lives in HD 50
Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy evokes Jerry Brown, says Charlie Crist is “moonbeam of Florida”
U.S. House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., rallied Florida Republicans on Tuesday — and added a California twist to the torrent of Republican criticism of former Gov. Charlie Crist, reports the News Service of Florida.
“He’s the moonbeam of Florida,” McCarthy said, likening Crist to California Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown.
Among Florida delegates to the Republican National Convention, Crist might be the only person as unpopular as President Obama. Crist, a former Republican, endorsed Obama in an op-ed piece Sunday and also will speak at the Democratic National Convention in September.