- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy evokes Jerry Brown, says Charlie Crist is “moonbeam of Florida”
U.S. House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., rallied Florida Republicans on Tuesday — and added a California twist to the torrent of Republican criticism of former Gov. Charlie Crist, reports the News Service of Florida.
“He’s the moonbeam of Florida,” McCarthy said, likening Crist to California Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown.
Among Florida delegates to the Republican National Convention, Crist might be the only person as unpopular as President Obama. Crist, a former Republican, endorsed Obama in an op-ed piece Sunday and also will speak at the Democratic National Convention in September.