- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
- Meet John Morgan: The man behind the medical pot drive
- Today on Context Florida: The Internet, FSU president, student loans and high-stakes testing
- Labor Day Weekend, brought to you by these Florida lobbyists and political organizations
- Gov. Scott to barnstorm the state with tax cut proposal
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms
Grover Norquist to speak to USF St. Pete today
Norquist will talk about the American political process from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Americans for Tax Reform sponsored the “Taxpayer Protection Pledge’’ signed by an overwhelming majority of Republican members of Congress.
The event, which is free and open to the public, is sponsored by the USFSP Office of International Affairs and the International Council of the Tampa Bay Region.
Young political leaders, elected officials and media from more than 25 countries will observe the RNC proceedings under the sponsorship of The International Council of the Tampa Bay and are expected to attend the speech.
The event is one of three planned at USFSP during RNC week, including a speech yesterday by author Michael Grunwald.