- Former Obama adviser David Plouffe joins Uber
- Sunburn for 8/20 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- California environmentalist shakes up Florida governor’s race
- Tampa Bay Times offers nickel-dick correction to King Ranch story
- WFLA poll: Rick Scott 44%, Charlie Crist 41%
- Obamacare losing its punch as a political tool for Republicans
Grover Norquist to speak to USF St. Pete today
Norquist will talk about the American political process from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Americans for Tax Reform sponsored the “Taxpayer Protection Pledge’’ signed by an overwhelming majority of Republican members of Congress.
The event, which is free and open to the public, is sponsored by the USFSP Office of International Affairs and the International Council of the Tampa Bay Region.
Young political leaders, elected officials and media from more than 25 countries will observe the RNC proceedings under the sponsorship of The International Council of the Tampa Bay and are expected to attend the speech.
The event is one of three planned at USFSP during RNC week, including a speech yesterday by author Michael Grunwald.