- In light of redistricting ruling, Senate President urges members not to throw out any relevant docs, files
- Growers and lobbyists not high on second draft of pot rules
- Write-in candidate files emergency motion in HD 64 decision
- Rick Scott campaign pulls in another $397K
- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
- Carl Domino’s absurd plan would have many minority U.S. Reps working for less than minimum wage
Ann Romney helps dedicate new therapeutic playground at All Children’s Hospital
Ann Romney attended a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new therapeutic playground at All Children’s Hospital on August 28. The $300,000 playground is a charitable “leave behind” project in honor of the 2012 Republican National Convention being held in Tampa this week.
The project was sponsored by CUNA, National Journal, the League of Southeast Credit Unions, CUNA Mutual and CO-OP Financial Services. The dedication ceremony was the culmination of a year-long project that also included a “Volunteer Day” for staff from local credit unions to assist with the construction of the playground by helping plant sensory gardens, lay pavers and assembled small equipment.
The playground, which will serve All Children’s Hospital patients, contains special play equipment designed for the rehabilitation process. It will provide a wonderful opportunity to create learning activities for families and support parent and peer interactions for children with special needs. It will also afford opportunities for the rehabilitation team to create and implement interdisciplinary, developmentally appropriate goals and objectives for patients.