- Email Insights: Three endorsements help Richard DeNapoli “fight the smears”
- On same day as Sharknado 2 premiere … man dies after diving for lobsters off South Florida
- Floridians concerned about ability to care for aging parents, new poll shows
- Will Weatherford’s newly-formed committee gets $425K boost from Florida GOP
- 5 things I think I think about the Times story about GOP fundraising at King Ranch
- Well, here’s one way Rep. Tom Goodson proves he lives in HD 50
Tampa port in ship-shape condition, thanks to Rep. Bill Young
Ask a port director along the East Coast what he needs most and the answer comes fast: More money for dredging and operations. The Port of Tampa, however, has no such worries. “You’ll probably get less from me than another port director, in the sense that the Port of Tampa actually does not have as many problems as a lot of other ports, that’s the good news,” said Port Director Richard Wainio. One of the big reasons: Rep. Bill Young, who’s represented a region across the bay from the port since 1971 and helped it secure funds in his job on the Appropriations Committee.
Politico Pro has the story, but it’s behind a pay-wall.