- No DC gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana
- Mayor Kriseman to focus on budding Warehouse Arts District during 3-day urban planning consortium
- Ross Spano takes 13-point lead over Donna Lee Fore in House District 59
- Costa Farms challenges Charlotte’s Web rules; DOH Secretary asks about compassion
- Campaigns set to begin final drive, absentee and early voting changes calendar
- Guess which poll is missing from Marc Caputo’s unscrewing of the gubernatorial polls?
Tampa port in ship-shape condition, thanks to Rep. Bill Young
Ask a port director along the East Coast what he needs most and the answer comes fast: More money for dredging and operations. The Port of Tampa, however, has no such worries. “You’ll probably get less from me than another port director, in the sense that the Port of Tampa actually does not have as many problems as a lot of other ports, that’s the good news,” said Port Director Richard Wainio. One of the big reasons: Rep. Bill Young, who’s represented a region across the bay from the port since 1971 and helped it secure funds in his job on the Appropriations Committee.
Politico Pro has the story, but it’s behind a pay-wall.