- Today on Context Florida: Florida disaster, tax holidays, getting high and El Paso
- State employees union, AFSCME, donates $1million to Charlie Crist’s political committee
- Processing issue delays bar exam submissions
- Sunburn for 7/30 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Charlie Crist announces first-day policies if elected
- Dept. of Health not backing down from lottery system to select Charlotte’s Web growers
Speaking to Fla. delegation, Chris Christie omits Rick Scott from list of ‘important governors’
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was talking this morning to the Florida delegation to the Republican National Convention and spent quite a bit of time talking about the importance of individual leaders and the difference that can be made in electing Republicans, reports the News Service of Florida. He used the states as an example, and talked about how different things are because a given state has a good Republican governor in charge. Some cynics believe it doesn’t matter who is elected, he said.
“You tell the people in Wisconsin that life isn’t different because they’ve got Scott Walker,” Christie said. He also mentioned Michigan’s Rick Snyder, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez.
Not mentioned in his list of important Republican governors in his speech to the Florida delegation: their governor, Rick Scott.