- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Video — Jeb Bush to Barack Obama: ‘Stop blaming my brother’
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush told the crowd at the Republican National Convention that President Barack Obama should stop blaming his brother, former President George W. Bush for the country’s economic woes.
In comments that were not part of his prepared remarks, he said his brother, “a man of integrity, courage and honor,” was not responsible for the country’s economic problems and that a real leader would accept responsibility for his own policies.
He added that he was glad he could get those comments “off my chest” before segueing into his education-heavy speech that echoed other speakers’ calls for broader school choice.