- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
Connie Mack: “It’s morning in America again”
In a speech that never mentioned his U.S. Senate campaign, Florida Congressman Connie Mack on Thursday took a page from President Ronald Reagan while giving a nationally televised address to the Republican National Convention. The address focused on the American dream, with Mack saying, “Once again, it’s morning in America” — borrowing a signature line from Reagan’s 1984 campaign. “America was built on the belief in free enterprise, hard work, passion and faith,” Mack said. “We have the awesome responsibility to make that dream a reality.”
The address gave Mack greater exposure as he runs this fall against Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson. But the Southwest Florida congressmen stuck to broader themes and did not discuss Nelson or the race.
Via The News Service of Florida.