- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Al Gore calls for the end of the Electoral College
A dozen years after the razor close presidential race in 2000, Al Gore told Current TV that he now believes the presidency should be decided on the popular vote and not the Electoral College.
“I really do now think it’s time to change that. It’s always tough to amend the Constitution and risky to do so,” said Gore. “But there is a very interesting movement under way that takes it state by state, that may really have a chance of succeeding.”