- Florida Sheriffs name Jack Latvala their “Legislator of the Year”
- Florida’s consumer confidence hits new post-recession high
- Adrian Wyllie launching statewide tour of craft breweries
- Charlie Crist outlines actions he will take on first day back in office
- Today on Context Florida: Rick Scott, surprise losers, FSU shooting and dogs
- Obama mulls massive move on immigration
Did you know the stage for the RNC was loosely based on the work of Frank Lloyd Wright?
Ayn Rand based the architect-hero character in The Fountainhead on Wright. Howard Roark soon became the poster boy for Rand’s Objectivist philosophical system. (Rand idolized Wright and tried to connect with him while writing the book, only to have Wright resist. The two became friends after the book’s publication in 1943, however.) … When Ryan stands in front of that stage accepting the VP nomination with an homage to the ultimate Randian hero looming over his shoulder, the associations might be too hard to ignore.