- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Two polls show no post-convention bounce for @MittRomney
The Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll shows President Obama regained a narrow lead over Mitt Romney despite the attention of the Republican National Convention, 44% to 43%.
Romney was ahead by one point on Friday and two points on Thursday.
“This wasn’t a lightning bolt convention,” said pollster Julia Clark. “Comparatively speaking, this was a more muted convention in general… So it doesn’t surprise me that (the bump in polls) wasn’t a great deal bigger.”
The Gallup tracking poll shows no bounce whatsoever.