- Did last year’s government shut down lead to a baby boom in D.C.?
- After just a single public comment, Pinellas School Board approves initial $1.2B budget
- Insurers: 2015 exchange rates likely to spike
- Today on Context Florida: Florida disaster, tax holidays, getting high and El Paso
- State employees union, AFSCME, donates $1million to Charlie Crist’s political committee
- Processing issue delays bar exam submissions
Two polls show no post-convention bounce for @MittRomney
The Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll shows President Obama regained a narrow lead over Mitt Romney despite the attention of the Republican National Convention, 44% to 43%.
Romney was ahead by one point on Friday and two points on Thursday.
“This wasn’t a lightning bolt convention,” said pollster Julia Clark. “Comparatively speaking, this was a more muted convention in general… So it doesn’t surprise me that (the bump in polls) wasn’t a great deal bigger.”
The Gallup tracking poll shows no bounce whatsoever.