- Today on Context Florida: Florida disaster, tax holidays, getting high and El Paso
- State employees union, AFSCME, donates $1million to Charlie Crist’s political committee
- Processing issue delays bar exam submissions
- Sunburn for 7/30 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Charlie Crist announces first-day policies if elected
- Dept. of Health not backing down from lottery system to select Charlotte’s Web growers
Romney’s speech seen by nine million fewer viewers than McCain’s 2008 address
Nielsen data shows Mitt Romney’s speech at the GOP convention averaged 30.3 million viewers, about 22% short of the nearly 39 million who tuned in for Sen. John McCain across nine networks four years ago, Variety reports.