- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
New independent poll shows Vern Buchanan up twenty points over Keith Fitzgerald
A new independent poll shows U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan maintains a commanding lead over Democrat challenger Keith Fitzgerald. The survey conducted by StPetePolls.org in Florida’s 16th Congressional District shows Buchanan with a nearly 20-percentage-point advantage over his opponent. The results are consistent with previous polling that led the Tampa Bay Times to report that Buchanan is “well positioned to trounce Democrat Keith Fitzgerald.”
“The voters of Florida’s 16h District enthusiastically support Vern’s positive message of creating jobs, growing the economy and reducing spending and reject Keith Fitzgerald’s negative campaign,” said Buchanan campaign spokeswoman Sally Tibbetts.
StPetePolls.org’s poll of 897 likely voters was conducted Sept.1-3.