- The coming war between Rick Kriseman and Bill Edwards
- Today on Context Florida: Sports fans, Joan Rivers, FSU hypocrisy and Jameis Winston redux
- Sunburn for 9/18 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Polling 101 con’t: Phone calls versus online surveying
- Charlie Crist lays out his plan to create jobs
- Feds asks for sentence reduction for House candidate in case linked to David Rivera
New independent poll shows Vern Buchanan up twenty points over Keith Fitzgerald
A new independent poll shows U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan maintains a commanding lead over Democrat challenger Keith Fitzgerald. The survey conducted by StPetePolls.org in Florida’s 16th Congressional District shows Buchanan with a nearly 20-percentage-point advantage over his opponent. The results are consistent with previous polling that led the Tampa Bay Times to report that Buchanan is “well positioned to trounce Democrat Keith Fitzgerald.”
“The voters of Florida’s 16h District enthusiastically support Vern’s positive message of creating jobs, growing the economy and reducing spending and reject Keith Fitzgerald’s negative campaign,” said Buchanan campaign spokeswoman Sally Tibbetts.
StPetePolls.org’s poll of 897 likely voters was conducted Sept.1-3.