- Hot sun, cold beer: Great Bay Distributors does it right!
- Charlie Crist gets another share of public matching money
- Bitcoin is taking root in St. Pete, but what in the blazes is it?
- How private companies reap profits from public schools
- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Aug. 22-24
- Candidates in HD 65 & 67 to enter the Tiger’s Den next Wednesday
No surprise here: Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer considering 2014 run for Governor
“I think it’s bad form to start talking about races that are two and a half years off when you have something to focus on for the next 60 days,” Dyer told the News Service of Florida after the state’s delegation breakfast at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte. Dyer, who heads a group of Florida mayors supporting President Barack Obama, said he’s received encouragement during the confab in Charlotte to consider challenging Gov. Rick Scott.
Sen. Nan Rich of Weston is already running for the Democratic nomination, and 2010 nominee Alex Sink reiterated that she is thinking about a second bid. Former Gov. Charlie Crist, who is expected to complete his conversion from Republican to de facto Democrat by speaking at the convention on Thursday, has also been mentioned as a possible candidate.