- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
No surprise here: Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer considering 2014 run for Governor
“I think it’s bad form to start talking about races that are two and a half years off when you have something to focus on for the next 60 days,” Dyer told the News Service of Florida after the state’s delegation breakfast at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte. Dyer, who heads a group of Florida mayors supporting President Barack Obama, said he’s received encouragement during the confab in Charlotte to consider challenging Gov. Rick Scott.
Sen. Nan Rich of Weston is already running for the Democratic nomination, and 2010 nominee Alex Sink reiterated that she is thinking about a second bid. Former Gov. Charlie Crist, who is expected to complete his conversion from Republican to de facto Democrat by speaking at the convention on Thursday, has also been mentioned as a possible candidate.