- College Football Playoff era begins
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Charlie Crist in Miami on Friday
- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
Rod Smith tells Fla. delegates to behave; alludes to possible protest of Crist speech
In an apparent attempt to ward off any protests of a planned speech by former Gov. Charlie Crist, Florida Democratic Party Chairman Rod Smith told delegates to be on their best behavior at the Democratic National Convention this evening, reports the News Service of Florida.
Smith didn’t specifically reference Crist, a Republican-turned-independent who has endorsed President Barack Obama, in his closing remarks to the delegates at Thursday’s breakfast. But he stressed the importance of the 2012 presidential race and Obama’s speech. “I expect everyone in this room to govern themselves accordingly,” he said.