- Dwight Dudley lead over Bill Young in HD 68 drops to single point
- Rick Scott lead widens 44% to 39% against Charlie Crist in new WFLA poll
- GOP HD 65 hopeful Chris Sprowls opens six-point gap with Carl Zimmerman
- New Charlie Crist ad knocks “Shady” Rick Scott’s education cuts
- Universities want boost in aid for needy students
- Jeff Brandes endorses Bill Young for House District 68
Rod Smith tells Fla. delegates to behave; alludes to possible protest of Crist speech
In an apparent attempt to ward off any protests of a planned speech by former Gov. Charlie Crist, Florida Democratic Party Chairman Rod Smith told delegates to be on their best behavior at the Democratic National Convention this evening, reports the News Service of Florida.
Smith didn’t specifically reference Crist, a Republican-turned-independent who has endorsed President Barack Obama, in his closing remarks to the delegates at Thursday’s breakfast. But he stressed the importance of the 2012 presidential race and Obama’s speech. “I expect everyone in this room to govern themselves accordingly,” he said.